Tags

, , , ,

Here’s a pair of red and black pasties I made for a burlesque performer pal. Simple bead and sequin work. I used a dark mauve instead of black beads with black sequins – and in patterns that would have made sense to match the sequin colours – in order to lighten the look and tie the black and red together a bit more. I think it was successful! These pasties are constructed on a light buckram base for strength and backed with flexible glue, so that they are not too stiff or heavy. The backing also holds the double sided tape that keeps them attached really well, which is a very important aspect of this kind of adornment!

Red and Black Pasties for Amphora

Red and Black Pasties for Amphora

The pattern on these pasties is subtle – the performer told me what her act and costuming was going to be so I knew these would need to be interesting in action, not upon contemplation. They needed to catch light in a glimmering way, to be “just enough”, not overwhelming.

Advertisements