Tags

, , , , , , , ,

A while ago I started a headdress by making medallions. I called the project “Gatsby”.

I left it for a while as I thought about assembling the medallions into the headdress the way I wanted. I changed my mind a couple of times, but finally I decided how to link the three circles. I used the thick interfacing that I used to back the medallions, making a band of two connected strips which are darted to form a curved centre. I was going to put a plastic headband under it, but I am still not sure it needs that. A wire sewed under might suffice, but we shall see once it has been completely beaded so I know the final weight of it.

"Gatsby" Headdress - In Progress - Front

“Gatsby” Headdress – In Progress – Front

These are pictures of it in progress – not done yet, but to show that I haven’t forgotten old Gatsby, it’s just that it’s a big project and I want it done exactly right. Click for larger views!

"Gatsby" Headdress - In Progress - Centre Medallion

“Gatsby” Headdress – In Progress – Centre Medallion


"Gatsby" Headdress - In Progress - Side

“Gatsby” Headdress – In Progress – Side

"Gatsby" Headdress - In Progress - Top

“Gatsby” Headdress – In Progress – Top

Advertisements