Here is another view of the bra. You can see the difference in the applique colours better here. The circle was embroidered on the same patterned chiffon as I used for the draping and ruching on the rest of the costume. Another element to tie it together as well as tie the “gold plus silver” effect. The chiffon had undertones of both light grey and soft gold. Worked perfect!
Art Deco Bra – 2
I also have a close up of the belt. This is the centre front. The beads are overlapping at the right because the mannequin was a bit smaller than the dancer. I found these glossy wooden paillettes, with a slight curve to them, and thought their rich brown and unusual texture would be a nice touch. All the jewels I sewed onto the costume I would have preferred to be outlined in beads, as that’s what I usually do. I ran out of time and the overall look wasn’t really affected by the lack of outlines, but when I see it, I wish I could have done it anyway.
Art Deco Belly Dance Belt
I might have added another set of loops at the bottom, but I couldn’t make up my mind and the single beaded loops are fine. It’s not a “fringe monster” kind of costume.