Using the Rose Window theme, I made two beaded circles. The first one took a little time to get the stitches and bead quantities just right, but it turned out pretty well. I ended by going back into the centre and stitching beads on top of beads for a raised, 3D effect. This pulled it all together nicely…
The second circle was much easier and simpler and I like some things about it better but it doesn’t look as much like tracery as the first. I made a duplicate of this to make sure I could follow my stitches if I wanted to keep this design in my head. It was easy and went quite fast!
These could be incorporated into a huge variety of things – pendants, earrings, bracelet centrepieces, linked together into a belt, a centre for a hair ornament or fascinator, appliques, burlesque pasties…Can’t wait to try some of them out…Stay tuned!